An Energetic and Exciting Drama!
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 98 min
- Written and Directed by Argyris Papadimitropoulos, Jan Vogel
- Cast: Harris Markou, Ieronimos Kaletsanos, Arthouros Kiviliov, Jason Wastor, Syllas Tzoumerkas, Maria Skoula, Marissa Triantafillidou, Yiannis Tsortekis, George Kakanakis, Yiannis Ekonomides, Themis Bazaka, Tania Savopoulou
- Producers: Argyris Papadimitropoulos, Giorgos Karnavas
- Cinematography: Jan Vogel, Manu Tilinski
- Music: Fabrika
- Country: Greece
- Language: Greek (English subs)
- Year: 2011
“... an energetic and exciting drama that is a breath of fresh Athenian air as it blends skateboard slackers with old-fashioned domestic drama and comes up with a fascinating portrait of ‘wasted youth’ of all ages in the modern-day Greek capital”- Mark Adams, Screen International
“Papadimitropoulos and Vogel have created an undeniably memorable depiction of the havoc wreaked by financial collapse. Its characters are rudderless, adrift in an urban landscape of disarray, and the eventual outcome seems like the only one imaginable. In final analysis, the film’s definition of “wasted” is not what one might think.”.- The film stage.com
After a remarkable presence in A-list festivals around the world, award winning Greek film Wasted Youth is presented in the UK on 7 May 2015 at Deptford Cinema, London. The film is presented as part of Cinemania London, a special season of films for young people (18-25) organised by Film Hub London, the BFI and the Picturehouse Group. The screening at Deptford Cinema is going to be followed by Q&A session with director Argyris Papadimitropoulos.
Summer in Athens. Heatwave blasts the city. 16-year-old skateboarder Harris spends his day hanging around, arguing with his dad, visiting his mother in hospital and partying in the evening. Policeman Vasilis is going through a difficult period in his life and seems to get tenser as every minute of the day goes by. The paths of the two characters are destined to cross in quite an unfortunate way. Inspired by true events, the authors recreate the atmosphere of the city: its unrest and tension, its colors, its heat.
- Official Selection: 40th International Film Festival Rotterdam, 2011- Opening film, Nominated, Tiger Award for Best Film
- Official Selection: Buenos Aires International Cinema of Independent Film, 2011- Nominated for Best Film Award.
- Hellenic Film Academy Awards, 2012- Winner Best Editing Award, Nominated for Best Director and Best Supporting Actor Awards
- Official Selection: La Rochelle Film Festival, 2011
- Official Selection: Karlovy Vary International Film Festival , 2011
- Official Selection: Milano Film Festival, 2011
- Official Selection: Ghent International Film Festival, 2011
- Official Selection: Stockholm Filmfestival Junior, 2012
- Official Selection: Reykjavik International Film Festival, 2013