A Mark Norfolk's Film
Prussia Lane Productions
- Run Time: 95’
- Writer, Director: Mark Norfolk.
- Cast: Elisabeth Dahl, Riley Stewart, Sue Ferguson.
- Year: 2014
- Country: UK
- Original film format: 16mm, S8mm.
A beautiful female assassin on a mission to destroy a destructive gene in men uncovers a murky world of corporate greed and discovers that her fate is shared with that of her victims. As events unfold she is thrown headlong into an unlikely catharsis that uncovers fundamental aspects of corporate greed from the time of nineteenth century Luddites to the recent ‘Occupy’ movement. Meanwhile, the gene thrives, quietly inducing its bearers to continue showing contempt for human nature.
The film is an important aesthetic representation of the anti-heroine using live action film, animation, photographs and graphics to underline its wholly experimental character. Analogue driven, it has been produced with a micro crew and cast, boasting hand-drawn animation and graphics, printed photographs, reclaimed 16mm and S8mm film stock. The original sparse piano score compliments the strands of the narrative.
- “Goddess on the Throne” Kosovo International Film Festival 2015: Closing Film- Winner Best Film, Best Director, Best Leading Actress in Feature Film.
- Official Selection: Venice Experimental and Performance Art Festival.
- Peloponnesian International Film Festival 2014: Winner Best Leading Actress in Feature Film, Best Editing Award.